Monday, March 12, 2007








Orion in the sky
A father and his little daughter, Katie, comes to the er. The father asks for a doctor to help his little daughter who has a spike of a wooden spear under her nail. Dr. Greene notices them, he hand shakes the father. He gets down to Katie who sits on a bench.

Dr. Greene: I like your outfit.
(Katie smiles; Dr. Greene looks at the wound)
Katie: It hurts
Dr. Greene: I know; I’ll be gentle.
Katie’s father: It’s up, under the nail, she didn’t even let me near it.
Dr. Greene: Can I look?
Katie: I don’t wanna a shot
Dr. Greene: No, no, no; No shots, I promise. Let’s play a game, close your eyes, ok?

Katie: Okay
(Dr. Greene reaches for tweezers from the table.)

Dr. Greene: What do you see?
(Slow music plays in the back ground)

Katie: The sky.

Dr. Greene: What's up there?
Katie: Orion's belt.
(Dr. Greene pauses for a second, he looks at her; and then he asks surprised)
Dr. Greene: Orion's?

Katie: He couldn't beat the scorpion, so he jumped into the sea.
Dr. Greene (surprisingly): Really?

Katie: Artemis put him the sky where the scorpion never gets him.
(Dr. Greene looks stunned, he smiles astonished)
Dr. Greene: I didn't know that.
(He gets the wooden spike from under her nail, he raises his head)
Dr. Greene: There. That didn't hurt, did it?

Katie: Is it over?

(He thinks for a moment, and says smiling)
Dr. Greene: It's all done. Thank you,
Katie.

No comments: